After attending a wedding where the vegetarian risotto was better than anything else on the menu made me think about trying it out at home. So, I started browsing through the over 3 million results on Google looking for the one recipe that I can change up a little bit and make it my own.
So, this was the final product and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I guarantee that you are going to like it.
Put your apron on, roll your sleeves and let’s get started!
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 chopped onion
• About 10 medium sized sliced mushrooms
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 1 cup long grain brown rice
• 2/3 of a cup with white wine ( I use chardonnay)
• 2 cups hot vegetable stock
• 1/3 cup crushed tomato sauce
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 2 table spoons with grated parmesan cheese (preferably freshly grated but I usually use pre-grated)
• 100g fresh baby spinach
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Freshly grated mozzarella
• A few fresh cherry tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the chopped onion and cook until golden brown. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the brown rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for a few minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed.
3. Reduce to a low heat. Add the crushed tomatoes and ½ a cup of the stock and cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Pour in a further half of a cup of the stock and continue cooking until absorbed. Keep doing until you use all the stock. The rice needs to be cooked until softened. That takes a while with brown rice but the result is definitely worth.
4. Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. Season to taste with black and pepper. Scatter the spinach over the risotto. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan. Grate a little mozzarella and arrange with cut in two fresh cherry tomatoes.
The recipe is amazing, Try it yourself and share with me your experience. Did you add some other ingredients to make it your own?
If you like the recipe, please share with your friends.